I apologize for not posting any recipes yesterday or the day before. These scones will make it up to you though!
Makes 8 scones
You will need:
1 large egg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups of diced apricots (about 4 whole apricots)
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup milk
5 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Whisk together the flour, cinnamon, honey, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Shred the frozen butter in your food processor. This will make the scones flaky. Mix the butter lightly into the flour/honey mixture.
4. Add the apricots and toss lightly to combine.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, vanilla, and egg.
6. Combine the two mixes just until there is no flour visible.
7. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Use a half-cup scoop to drop the dough onto the baking pan about 1″ apart.
8. Gently pat each mound into a disk.
9. Bake for 18-25 minutes the scones are firm, have golden tops, and are browned on the bottom.
These scones are best served warm.
~The Midnight Baker
adapted from: Faith in the Kitchn