These tacos are not only healthy, they are also colorful and delicious.
Makes 8 Tacos
What You Need:
8 Corn Tortillas, best with Homemade Corn Tortillas
2 Portobello Mushrooms, chopped
2 Poblano or Anaheim Peppers
1 Bell Pepper
1 Avacado (optional)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Juice of 1 Lime
2 Tablespoons Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 Tablespoon Plain Yogurt
1 Tablespoon Cilantro, chopped
1 Teaspoon Cumin1 Teaspoon Paprika
How to Prepare:
1. In a small bowl whisk the sour cream, lime juice, yogurt, and spices. Refrigerate.
2. Grill the peppers whole, and then chop into about 1″ pieces.
3. Sautee the mushrooms dry or add the coconut oil now.
4. Add the cilantro and peppers to the mushrooms. If you haven’t added the oil yet, do so now.
5. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the corn tortillas. Scoop some of the pepper mixture over the cheese and drizzle with the cream sauce. Add sliced avocado (optional).
Note: For extra flavor serve with Maria’s Salsa Verde.
~The Daytime Cook